Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Take it from Deirdre: Jennylyn on Blue Moon

“True love happens only once, but it’s enough to last a lifetime”

Blue Moon is a movie NOT for the fainthearted. Watching Blue Moon alone is like reminiscing old hurts while the background plays…"knife, cuts like a knife, how will I ever heal? I’m so deeply wounded…Knife!” Forgive me, I thought I’ll have heart-attack inside the theater, to think that I was there all alone (good grief, I watched the movie twice without minding the time…READ: luxury).

Blame it on me being melodramatic, blame it on Joel Lamangan’s good directorial job, blame it on the tastefully-made story, blame it on the casts that portrayed their individual role with excellence, blame it…(the list goes on).

Blue Moon is a story that would leave you breathless. It’s the kind of movie that renders you unmovable as the ending credits are shown, and maybe, just maybe…your tears might be falling without you knowing it. It tackles about taking for granted the one you love and realizing of their importance once they’re gone. Though the story has dangling subplots, it eventually smoothens into one great end – the “real score” between the love of Corazon and Manuel…as well as the revelation as to who that “Corazon” could be.

Excuse me if I may not be dealing on the film’s technicalities for I only find tiny gullible glitches which may not be really important to tackle. Where I am most affected though was in the way the actors portrayed their role in the film. Almost all the actors delivered dramatically…high five to Eddie Garcia, Dennis Trillo, Boots Anson-Roa and Christopher de Leon. Shining in the scenes from the past would be Jennylyn Mercado who outstandingly portrayed Corazon’s “silent love” towards Manuel. Look at her eyes speaking even without opening her mouth to say the words. Notice how she looks at Manuel with compassion, and how she may utter hurting words with a tinge of love echoing from her heart. It’s in how she moves and how she expresses herself that makes you want to love her in the film. No, she isn’t the naughty Jennylyn whom we saw in Encantadia, nor the kilig-endosed teenybooper in Lovestruck or that tomboyish-turned-lady in Say That You Love Me, sorry but you won’t see any of them. You’ll see a Jennylyn who looks straight in your eyes and say her lines with tears flowing down her cheeks like its been built-in there all this time. You’ll see a Jennylyn whose voice and face is powerful enough to build an emotional connection, that with her every word, you’ll feel the pain that she’s feeling.
I texted a friend while I’m watching Blue Moon, “I’m close to heart-attack, this film rips my heart.” Haha…It’s not really a message to fly guilty feelings on my friend who backed-out in the last minute, just my way of telling her how great the film is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home